Wednesday, September 14, 2016

An off-line weekend.

#34 on my new list is to go off-line for 10 weekends. I've successfully completed one, although there were a couple of times where I plonked on the couch and was tempted by my phone. What I did ...

I finished reading Jane Eyre. I enjoyed it although I found Jane a little irritating when she dropped into her submissive behaviours round the strong males in the story. The good thing was that she was self-aware enough to know that about herself and strong enough to say no when she knew it would be to her detriment. This brings me 1/5 of the way to completing #81.

Before the weekend I copied out a new recipe I wanted to try for our Saturday night BBQ. Roasted New Potato Salad with Lentils.

Untitled 

As you can see I also downloaded my uni reading ... I still need to read it.

Saturday morning I dropped The Little Girl at swimming then did my 8km of intervals round the pond at Surrey Park while she swam.

After a shower and breakfast I took Riley down to the tennis club to watch The Boy play some of his match in the Club Championships before taking Riley to dog school.

I read the newspaper, watched a friend play a match in the men's singles Club Championships while chatting with his wife, popped into the supermarket and then made dinner. The potato salad was good. After dinner I printed and stuck some photos into my Italy journal and put the finishing touches on some of the maps.

Sunday was church. Then a run to the supermarket and quick tidy in preparation for The Little Girl's birthday party. At 1pm Hubby the Big Girl and I went down to the tennis club to compete in the women's doubles (The Big Girl and I) and the Parent/child doubles (Hubby and The Big Girl). The Big Girl had a full program, playing 5 sets but being young she was still bouncy at the end.

Club-Champs

It was a good afternoon and we just made it home to have showers before the guests started arriving for The Little Girl's party. Pizza, ice-cream cake and a movie. We retreated to the lounge room ... even when the movie was on they were so loud, I'm not sure how they didn't all have splitting headaches.

IMG_4895 

The party finished at 10pm and by then Hubby and I were ready for our well earned sleep.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Well now, that is a lot accomplished offline. Note taken! And woe, that ice cream cake is over the top tempting.