Saturday, October 24, 2015

This week's links ...

Back Creek


There was no dryland for The Little girl this morning so I didn't have time to squeeze in a run before picking her up. Instead I had breakfast and wrote 850 words of an essay, pushing my run back to mid-morning. That meant I could happily include the local, secluded Back Creek trail (pictured above) in my run.

I promised myself I would write 1000 words today ... that's a quarter of the total, and I've done that ... so now I have some spare time to post a little reading for your spare time.

1. I think I might be a little bit obsessed by travel journals ... take a peak here, here, here, here, and here.

2. Starting seeds in egg cartons. To avoid the problem of the too shallow container, use the whole egg carton and cut a flap in the top.

3. Breaking through puzzling situations ... is it despite or because. Insightful.

4. Humans vs. Monsters by Pip ... "I agree that it’s SUPER IMPORTANT to go through life with our eyes wide open, critically examining the ideas we come across from day-to-day and working out who ‘our people’ are and how we feel about stuff. But I DO feel a bit grossed out by the new default some have adopted – smack down, silence, dismiss or expose rather than ‘stop and consider the human behind the act/words/deed’."

5. A Place to Fall Apart  ... that would be the church at its best.

1 comment:

alexa said...

Love those travel journals :). Just the words set my heart aflutter! That's a lovely path to be running along ... how many miles do you do? And 'A Place to fall Apart' sounds so freeing.