Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt: Columns,

I'm attempting to do a better job than previous years with this year's scavenger hunt.

Some more finds from our trip ... #5 Architectural columns from day 4 at historic Quorn.

Untitled

#11 The satellite dish at our accommodation in Coober Pedy.  The iron roof you can see is just the verandah. The host's house and our apartment our dug back into the hill, hence why the dish is sitting on the bare dirt which is also the roof. 


#18 An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle. I actually saw two massively loaded bicycles but I was so preoccupied with wondering who on earth would bicycle alone through the Australian Outback (one of them was biking through the 256km long section of the Stuart Hwy that runs through the Woomera prohibited area that has zero amenities). Anyway we also passed an oversize truck that was carrying a massive mining truck that we had to pull off the highway to let pass as it was so wide, but I also didn't get a photo of that one. I was so glad we were travelling in the opposite direction as there would be no chance of passing. I did get a photo of an almost identical mining truck on a truck stopped at Kulgera.

Untitled

#20 A natural body of water. A waterhole in the desert at Ormiston Gorge.


#3 Someone walking a dog ... in this case a dingo.


So I'm not sure whether I will in fact get a complete set but I have a few more to share before our time is up.

1 comment:

alexa said...

You are doing well! I've enjoyed the different landscapes in your photos, all hinting at such a different way of life ...