Saturday, February 14, 2015

This week's links ...

It was bucketing down here this morning so Hubby and I got our tax together ... fun times. Sun's out now but before I head off to basketball and possibly some Chinese New Year celebrations here's some links ...

1. On Monday I stay down to put together own menuplan for the week and was procrastinating on Pinterest and saw this Coconut Crusted Chicken with Mango salsa ... so I decided to make it for dinner. It was yum and the kids loved the mango salsa.

2. I also made pulled pork in the slow cooker using this recipe and served it up with this BBQ sauce. I've used different recipes before but these avoided too many processed ingredients and the kids were still keen ... so win.

3. It's hard work keeping the homemade treats stocked at our house so this big batch of lunch box biscuits really hit the spot. The bonus is that I have half the batch ready to cook up for more fresh biscuits. One thing to keep in mind is that because you melt the butter the dough is warm and the day I made them it was hot anyway so when I mixed in the choc chips they melted. There were no grumbles though and we're still enjoying them ... just.

4. Included in this post is a handy print out of questions to ask the kids about their reading.

5. DIY painted vases.

1 comment:

alexa said...

Golly, tax in the rain doesn't sound a lot of fun! But probably better than in the sun ... Hope those pretty looking biscuits sustained you :).