One day I will be back to posting more than my once a week links ... this week was not very exciting, consisting of work, shopping and the kids cleaning their rooms ...
1. 50 questions for Your Year in Review.
2. Journaling made easy - make a list.
3. Keeping a commonplace book.
4. Printable gift card holders.
5. Inviting our children to live with intention in 2015.
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Things are winding down round here. The kids all finished school last Tuesday, basketball is finished, the last cricket match was this morning and the last tennis match tomorrow. Swimming is still going but The Little Girl had a bad cold this week so I had a bit less running around.
The weather is lovely here today. The Boy and Hubby are out netting the fruit trees and later this afternoon we'll have a swim and BBQ dinner ... I think steak sandwiches. Tomorrow is The Boy's birthday party. We are not quite a month late but his birthday was followed by two weekends of Victorian Qualifying Swim Meet for The Little Girl, then a Sunday afternoon viewing of The Mockingly Part 1 for the girls and I, so this was our first opportunity. Five friends, pool, party pies and sausage rolls, a movie, ice-cream cake and massive amounts of sugar. Should be fun.
Here's my links for this week ...
1. Here's a fun 2015 reading challenge.
2. Love this DIY wall organiser.
3. I'm thinking about what I want to do for documenting next year. I really like some of the ideas in this plan.
4. Pip is embarking on a Year of Australian Writing Challenge in 2015. While I won't be joining in I will be keeping on eye on her posts for some good Australian books starting with this list of Australian Literary Awards.
5. Holiday Writing Prompts.
Have a lovely weekend!
Saturday, December 6, 2014
The first flush of flowers on our new climbing rose.
I turned 43 this week and I'd decided a while ago that this would be the week to finish my goal of running 10km in under 60mins. We had an early morning wakeup in the form of a massive thunderstorm that blew over in time for The Little Girl to go to swimming at 6:15am and then I went to help cook 140 egg and bacon muffins for the club's State breakfast. Driving home I was tossing up whether to run or not. I've not been feeling fantastic this week and on Wednesday had a bout of vertigo which usually takes a couple of days to get over, plus my fitbit says I only got 5hrs sleep last night so I was tempted to skip it but decided I may as well do this thing.
Last km was a killer ... but I completed in 59:52 ... not as fast as I would have liked ... but mission accomplished. And I've decided 5km is probably my favourite distance to run.
Anyway ... the links ...
1. Bullet Journal Series: The Complete Package. I'm still using my bullet journal and loving the flexibility as it constantly evolves according to my needs.
2. I have some money from the relatives for my birthday to buy an indoor plant and would really love a fiddle-leaf fig but don't want to spend my money on something I may kill in a couple a months. If I do decide to risk it I will take this advice.
3. 101 List Prompts for your art journals.
4. These DIY peppermint bath salts for friends and teacher gifts are such a good idea. I'm thinking on a smaller scale may work for The Boy's school KK gift because it has to be homemade and non-food.
5. Decadent hot chocolate mix. Maybe a special family night in?