Friday, August 29, 2014

Adventures with a Bullet journal: What's in the journal July 2014

In July I decided to try a bullet journal for recording all the little bits and pieces of my life in one place. I've worked my way into a bit of a routine, and apart from my monthly, weekly and daily focus pages (which I plan to write about in another post), I also have some collections, book notes and other bits and pieces. I've found it useful to see how other people are using their journals and so I figured why not add my experience to the conversation.

  • Bible reading plan. I'm following the girls plan from youth group so we can have a conversation about it sometimes. I just glued this in.
  • List of ideas to try, things I'm concerned about. I go through my daily journal pages each week and transfer to here anything that has popped up that I don't want to tackle in the next week or month.
  • Our 4 week rotating menu for Term 3.  Bullet Journal - Term 3 Rotating menu
  • List of vouchers and their expiry dates.
  • Notes from a study skills seminar I attended with The Big Girl.
  • Goals brain storming session.Bullet Journal - Goals Brainstorming
  • Specific goals for the next 6 months that came out of my brain storming session.Bullet Journal - 6 month goals
  • Notes on Brene Brown's Daring Greatly. A highly recommended read. I only note down things that I think are really worthwhile and my notes on this book filled 3 pages.
  • Some general information for the unit I'm studying this semester and a plan of attack for the assessment tasks. Bullet Journal - Romans plan of attack
The fact that I have everything that is on my mind in one book is a great advantage to actually writing things down. If I had to think where to put something I might not write it down at all and then it would probably be lost as it gets crowded out by the huge variety of things jostling for my attention.

2 comments:

Cate Brickell said...

That's why I love the bullet journal - everything in one place. I've already created a list of things I'd like to change next year (and started implementing some of them, too)

alexa said...

I'm a great fan of keeping things all in one place too :). That's quite a list to be getting on with, and wishing you every success. I keep peering at Week 3 - it can't really say Vodka pasta, can it?