Thursday, July 17, 2014

List #5: New recipes cooked in the July school holidays

Catching up on my lists. I do have half-formed lists floating around in various forms that I'll post in dribs and drabs over the coming months.

1. Sushi. We followed the instructions in the Obento kit.

IMG_0690

2. Caramel Banana Tart. Cooked by The Little Girl from The AWW Cooking School for Kids but I found this recipe on the internet.
3. Slow cooker Provencal Chicken and beans (except I didn't have the beans, but I did have some Kale so I put that in.)
4. Pasties.
5. Dumplings three ways. We watched this video on folding dumplings 7 ways.

IMG_0710

6. We also tried making jam doughnuts the same way we made nutella doughnuts earlier in the year ... nutella works better but these were still yum.

IMG_0715

7. The Boy leafed through the AWW Cooking Class for Kids and picked out the Choc-caramel slice to make. This is definitely a special occasion slice. You can find the recipe here.

8. And for post spending all afternoon at MSAC, just The Little Girl and I at home, Sunday dinner we had Jamie Oliver's Giant Veg Rosti, Poached Eggs, Spinach and Peas.

IMG_0718

1 comment:

Pink Ronnie said...

Melissa, these are amazing!!
Ronnie xo