Friday, August 30, 2013

2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

So I decided to do Rinda's Scavenger Hunt, but don't expect that I'll finish ... although I make lists I rarely complete them ... and I'm fine with that because I do more than I would have if I didn't have the lists at all. I thought I'd give an update on how I'm going and hopefully find a couple more before the 21st September.

1.   Open air market


2.   Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)


3.   City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building


4.   Airplane


IMG_2675

If you look carefully you can see the group of skydivers heading off ... something I will never be doing ... and I mean NEVER!

5.   A sunset


IMG_2699
We had a series of gorgeous sunsets at our place in July, this was one of them.

6.   Someone or something taking a nap


7.   A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny


IMG_2726

At Sovereign Hill I found these intentionally funny signs for sale.

8.   A tower


IMG_2646
This is the tower of the Port of Queenscliff, nothing inside but some pretty good views of the surrounding area.

9.   A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong

IMG_2748
We went and visited my sister-in-law and her llama was on the wrong side of the fence, in the neighbour's property so the first order of business was to encourage it back into it's own paddock.

10.  A bench that is outside

11.  An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.

IMG_2745
I think this qualifies, it was in the nature preserve for the penguins. Unfortunately you're not allowed to photograph the penguins otherwise I would have done that.

12.  A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)

13.  A fence

14.  A stained glass object or a mosaic

15.  A fire truck or police car

IMG_2707
If you look in the distance behind The Boy you can see the lights from some of the five trucks that were called out to the fire about 8 doors down from us. We decided to keep our distance and let the firemen do their stuff.

16.  A windmill 

17.  Candle(s)

IMG_8368
Candles on The Big Girl's birthday cake.

18.  Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop

19.  A fisherman

IMG_8419
This fisherman was on the pier at Cowes.

20. A dinosaur

21.  A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)


Bonus/substitute items.  If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items.  You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

I like your collection - that candle shot is lovely with all the colours and textures.