Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July ... that's a wrap.

This month was extremely busy with school holidays, our club's SC swim meet which involves us volunteering as well, a couple of day trips, plus I did double my normal number of hours of paid work ... good for the budget but havoc on my lists.

1. 8 days at Pt Lonsdale with my sister and kids. Lots of walking, maybe a drive to Barwon Heads, Bells Beach, the movies and Geelong Foreshore. Donedone and done.

2. The Little Girl's expedition to Sovereign Hill for her Compass AwardDone.

3. Two swim meets for The Little Girl, one is a day trip on the bus with her team mates. Done, she had a great time on the bus trip but crashed afterwards, not picking up until after training on Monday night.

4. Orthodontic appointments for the Little Girl and The Boy. Done but the big bills will fortunately wait until at least next year.

5. Mother/daughter lunch for The Little Girl and I. Done, except that it was afternoon tea.

6. Learn to ski day for The Big Girl with her school. Done. Not a heap of snow but she had a goof time anyway.

7. The Exchange Students family coming for a visit. Done. The Exchange student went and stayed with her family in the city while they were here and enjoyed seeing the sights with them. We took them all down to Philip Island. The penguins were fantastic we paid a little extra for Penguin Plus and it was worth it, to be closer with less competition for viewing spots. Our platform was really close to where a lot of the penguins came out of the water and the boardwalk wound around right within the colony.

Moving forward on my list ...

8. I got back into the Romans Project last month so this month I plan to get all caught up. I kept going with this but am still 10 verses behind schedule.

9. Finish June and July PL pages. No. I have no idea why I put down July as well as I usually start them at the end of them month. I didn't finish June.

10. Edit and upload our Easter holiday photos. Done.

11. Read books

My rating: 5 of 5 stars







My rating: 4 of 5 stars






I'm currently reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel although I have to return it by Friday and I won't have it finished.

I also need to ...

12. Complete two BAS returns. Done

13. Mulch the second planting in the vege garden. Not yet.

14. Now that the pantry is clean I will clean the rest of the kitchen to match. Made a start on this and completed the most urgent being the sink area.

15. Buy new jeans ... one of my three pairs is starting to wear through and I pretty much live in my jeans. No, I think I need to make an appointment for this.

16. Buy some long sleeve T-shirts ... it's becoming frustrating now. As above.

1 comment:

alexa said...

Hoping there's time for some reading for you, and a bit of shopping time too in the midst of all that busyness :).