Monday, June 3, 2013

My month in Numbers: May

Question: Why do some people think their need to do a U-turn on a semi-major road during peak hour and school drop-off time outweighs the interests of the 40-50 cars banked up behind them just going about their business as responsible road users ... not to mention the extremely questionable practice of using the bus zone out the front of a school at drop-off time to complete their U-turn. Then having the audacity to look outraged at the driver honking his horn at her ... the one that she had held up for 5mins while she waited to do her dangerous U-turn.

Now that I've got that off my chest (didn't help that I was second in line behind her and on my way to drop The Boy off at camp. We just got there as the kids were loading onto the bus, and I find it's better not to be too early otherwise he just gets would up) ... my month in numbers for May. Because I'm using the same design every month, I have to come up with six numbers and this month it was a struggle. I had lots of numbers but I wanted them to be numbers I wouldn't cover in my main PL pages. The Big Girl finally suggested I include how many photos I took (can't believe I didn't think of that)



My Month in Numbers originated with Julie @ Notes on Paper. You can pop over there and join in if you like.

6 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

At least your traffic story included numbers too [40-50 cars / 5mins /2nd in line] so it fit in just fine! ;-)

Good to hear you managed to get back to your tennis ... but not so good about the cold - wishing you a healthy month ahead.

And I don't think I've ever counted how many photos I've taken ... or deleted [I think there's be more bad shots than good!]

I've added you to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Happy June!

Julie :-)

Melissa said...

Hi from Melissa in Perth! It's fun to see another Aussie in the M in N crowd. I adore your graphical take on this :) It's super cute!

Jennie said...

I love how you have restricted yourself to 6 numbers that must make it a really interesting challenge to choose those to use. J x

KraftyKaren said...

Love how you have displayed your numbers - looks like you have had a fun and busy month

Nathalie said...

Your monthly graphics are always eye catching. I love your use of icons. AND I totally hear you on the audacity of drivers at school pick ups and drop offs! I could go on and on on the subject! :P

Jen Mason said...

Hopefully you get a notification of a comment since this was 2+ years ago. First, I love your blog. I enjoy your pictures of such different things (at least for me since I am in the U.S.). I love all the different things you all do as a family. I love your layouts. I love that you like lists, you actually take them to a whole new level...which I love. :)

O this Month by the Numbers, how did you make them? Where did you get the clipart of the plane, luggage, etc?

Thanks so much for sharing! I have really enjoyed your blog.
Jen