Saturday, May 11, 2013

This week's links ...

1. I think 10:51pm may be a little too late to start the day over (especially since I was writing past midnight last night) but you can grab the free printable.


2. Gardening is on my radar at the moment since I have an almost empty bed waiting to be planted. I am notoriously bad at making sure my veggies are well supported and under control. Tips and Tricks for Trellising Veggies.

3. Yesterday my fairly new iphone5 went dead. There was no warning, just a blank screen and I was unable to turn it on. I was out at the time and was getting worried (my life is on that phone and the kids had no way to contact me that afternoon if plans changed) and the simultaneous pressing of home and power didn't work. As soon as I got home I googled an answer and as ridiculous as it sounded it worked. I still have absolutely no idea what the problem was. So, if you have an iphone that suddenly goes dead for no reason toggle the mute button a couple of times and then press the home and power buttons simultaneously and the apple icon will appear on your screen. That's my tip for the day but here's many more ... 40 Secret iphone Features.

4. The funnest (my grammar police mum would be on to me right now) Wizard of Oz Cupcake Toppers.

5. I'm a big fan of pinterest, it's where I keep all my links to share on Saturdays. Here's a tutorial on adding a pinterest gallery to your blog.

3 comments:

Nel Schijf said...

Hello Melissa, I just saw your photo of chocolate ripple biscuits and would love to have the recipe. I used to live in Bendigo and these were my favourite biscuits.

Melissa Stebbins said...

Hi Nel,

I used this recipe for the biscuits:

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/05/my-kingdom-for-a-glass-of-milk/

Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy/Stylish Gimp said...

LOVE that printable.

TOTALLY needed it. :)