Saturday, March 9, 2013

This week's links ...

I'm sitting here, down at the beach house, eating cheese and drinking wine, after a long day of classes, driving down to the beach and shopping for food for the weekend. Needless to say I am looking forward to the rest of our long weekend. In other news I'm hoping that my shoulder joint will soon stop squelching due to the shot of cortisone that was injected into it on Thursday afternoon.

In the meantime here are some links ...

1. I get a fairly regular chuckle out of the doghouse diaries and this made me laugh after some irritating moments in the middle of a tiring day week month:


2. These mushrooms are easy and so good, especially if you happen to have a bottle of white wine in the fridge. We've had them a couple of times in the last two weeks. It helps that the exchange student now makes three people that eat mushrooms.




6. Type in a location to generate a map in 6 different styles. Would be good for adding to travel albums or to include a map of your neighbourhood.

7. We will not be decorating eggs this easter (at some stage you have to make a realistic assessment of what you can fit into the time available) but if you think you might, check out the 100+ ideas in this list.

8. I'm still working on not feeling guilty about stupid things, recognising that there are rhythyms to life and sometimes we really do have to drop some things in favour of others, if you are too go read this.

Have a lovely weekend, the kids have had the dinner now and I'm going to make Hubby and I some spaghetti carbonara (the full fat kind) ...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really enjoyed reading through #8.
We had spaghetti carbonara (full fat version) last night ... is there any other way?

I hope you are all managing to keep cool - we've nearly reached the threshold!