Thursday, January 31, 2013

In January ... it's a wrap

I expect to be ...

1. Watching Nippers ... yes

IMG_1917


2. Spending time with my sister and her kids who are visiting from Singapore ... yes

IMG_1952

IMG_1938


3. Going to a couple of sessions of the Australian Open ... yes

IMG_1953


I plan to move forward on my list by ...

4. Beginning the Romans Project.  Romans 1:1-12 memorised.

5. Go on a date night (done with a lovely dinner at Oakdene Winery)

6. Talk to the kids about their expectations for the coming year - talked but need to follow up with each of the kids to write something down.

7. Read books  - finished ...

Extremely Loud and Incredibly CloseExtremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer                              My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Caleb's CrossingCaleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars







 A Visit From The Goon SquadA Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars







 Picnic at Hanging RockPicnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
My rating: 2 of 5 stars







Juno Of TarisJuno Of Taris by Fleur Beale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars






The last two are The Big Girl's books for school.


8. Finish my December PL layouts - not quite, I have Christmas day to finish.

9. Work out exactly what I'm going to do for our family album this year - I think so, will need it's own blog post.

10. Enrol in my subjects for this year and put all the dates in my calendar - done

And I tried a new bread recipe, which I'll make again and bottled jam. (#9)

IMG_2034

And, as you can see above we played board games and also walked around the point (more successfully than last time ... I made sure the tide was going out this time) (#5)

IMG_2015


I also need to ...

11. Set up the study as a guest room ready for the exchange student that is expected at our house on the first weekend in February.  - done

12. Start getting our financials up to date  - new budget done.

13. Get the kids ready for school - almost, the girls still need to label their stuff and I need to check the Big Girl's hem length. The Boy starts tomorrow and he's ready.

1 comment:

alexa said...

Super-productive, clearly! I like your strike-throughs :). And your beach photos make me long for summertime.