Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

Hello 2013

2012 was a good year for us. We had some really good times as a family but also hit goals in our individual endeavours. The Big Girl transitioned from junior to senior school and kids church to youth group successfully, won a basketball grand final in her first season playing and built up her friendship with a lovely group of girls at school.  The Little Girl had firsthand experience of how practice and training pay off in results in both music and swimming and left both myself and her teacher completely surprised by gaining the job of Social Service Captain for her school next year. The Boy has had a fantastic year as well, achieving well academically and progressing enough that he will not be needing regular speech therapy next year. I successfully completed two units of my GradDip, got a handle on the part-time work with Hubby's business that I started doing late last year and managed to pull myself together enough in fourth term to finish the year well in our small group. Hubby is continuing to expand the business in a difficult climate and has finished up one volunteer role to take up another. 

Lots of really good stuff but also very busy, so much so that at times I felt like I was only holding everything together by the fingernails and the bulk of my interaction with Hubby was around the logistics of making sure everyone was where they were meant to be. Last time I chose a word for the year was in 2010 and before that it was 2007  and I'm thinking it's time again. In the last few weeks I'd tossed around a couple of possibilities but while I was doing the ironing this afternoon it finally hit me, I knew that this year would be the year of INTENTION.


No comments: