Friday, October 12, 2012

This week's links ...

I have some cute recycling DIYs this week ...

1. DIY Apothecary Jars using your normal, everyday old jars.

2. Giftboxes, notebooks and pencil cases from cereal boxes.

3. Cereal box desk drawer organisers.


We also cooked this week ...

4. I am trying to eat down our pantry, fridge and freezer. We had some buttermilk and I had some frozen blueberries which were calling to be made into muffins of course. I used this recipe but I would recommend making sure your berries are completely thawed otherwise the melted butter solidifies. They tasted great but it all got quite messy and the finished product was a bit rough and ready, they'd have been fine with room temperature berries.

5. My parsley is out of control, hanging over my chives and oregano and I got a lemon in our box from CERES so I made Saffron Chicken with lemon and parsley. It was good and the kids liked it too.


Also ...

6. If you have kids that are into superheroes you must check out the Hall of Fame font. It has lots of super hero logos which you could use for all sorts of fun projects. (via Sugar Tot Designs, click over and you can check out what they did with it.)

7. A good series of short articles on the historicity of the gospels:

1 comment:

alexa said...

Those crafty links for things to do with cereal boxes are great! I really like the notebooks and the pencil cases - though the box with the string is such a wonderful use for a whole box ...