Monday, August 27, 2012

Unexpected

 Hello nearly Spring, it's a gorgeous sunny day today but the wind is bitterly cold. The first blossoms are out ... and I'm hoping I can cut a few off the tree behind our place. There's a few branches hanging over the fence.
IMG_6465


Hello curtains. When we moved in I picked all the blinds and curtains except the ones for the lounge room. I had choice overload so we put it off until I could have a think about what I really wanted in there. I finally went and picked and they arrived last Tuesday.


IMG_6463

Hello unexpected change to my schedule. The plan today was to go into Mum and Dad's and pay there bills then swing by the library at uni to start research for two document papers. I was 10mins from home when my phone rang. It was the school. The Big Girl had vomited. Luckily I wasn't too far away, a quick u-turn, and I headed back to school and picked her up. She spent most of the day in bed, but she's not too bad. I did pop into mum and dad's in the afternoon but no library for me. Speaking of changed schedules ...

Hello Hubby. He was supposed to be on a plane to China yesterday morning but when he got up at 4:30am he had a text saying his Grandmother had died during the night. It was not unexpected, she turned 100 earlier this year, but the trip needed to be postponed for the second time (he was originally supposed to be away last week). The funeral will be later this week.

Hello music concert. The Little Girl missed last week's one but we expect to be at tomorrow night's. The funny thing is, that her best friend who also happens to be first violin as well went home sick this week so they may still not have the full compliment of violinists in their part.

Hello basketball finals, for the Big Girl that is, not me. She had her last match of the season on Saturday and they've finished fourth.

Hello clean study ... the deadline is Saturday.

Hello Monday. Inspired by Amy, originating here.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh no, what a set of unexpecteds. I am sorry to hear of the passing of Gran and I sincerely hope that the tummy bug clears very soon, it is nasty business.

Your garden is really taking shape, it looks lovely ... shall we expect pictures of the transformed study this weekend?

alexa said...

Sorry to read about your grandmother, and about the sickness bug - hoping that chill wind chases the latter all away. Perhaps you can go easy on the study deadline, given the recent unexpected events?

Padded Cell required said...

Yes, Amy we expect pictures of the study on Saturday without fail! Geoff Melis sorry to hear about your gran, I hope you are all doing okay.