Thursday, June 28, 2012

Meeting Barney

I have page for you today. It's a page for our project life book. Yes, I am still going with this although I will need to go back and fill in some gaps. I decided not to share every page it turned out to be a little too much sharing in this kind of public forum, but I will be sharing some pages as examples of some of the things I am including. I hope that these posts may be useful for those of you that are thinking of attempting (or are attempting) this kind of project. Most of my pages use the Becky Higgins PL template A or modifications of the template but periodically where I have a particular event that I want on it's own page  and that I feel like being a bit more creative with I will mix it up. My only concern with this was that it may wreck the cohesive feel of the finished album. To combat this I use a variety of techniques ... my favourite being to use elements from my standard PL pages in my freeform pages. In this page I have used the same background paper that I normally use on my project life pages and the title is white impact (something that has become a regular part of this album). Since this particular page was a single layout and not a double page spread I have also used some elements from the kit I am using on the facing page. This is still, like most of my pages, a very simple page, but there is no reason why using some of these ideas couldn't work to mix up PL pages with more elaborate pages.


Meeting Barney

Credits
Grey BG Paper: Emily Powers and Paislee Press collab Everyday Ordinary (Oscraps)
Ribbons and Staple: One Little Bird and Paislee Press For the Record (Oscraps)
Frame: Sabrina's Creations Frame it Clean (Mscraps)

No comments: