Friday, May 4, 2012

Catch up

I had a complaint about the lack of posting lately ... in my defence multiple deadlines meant I had to choose between cooking and blogging and as I explained by return email ... there would have been mutiny on the decks if I'd dropped the former. I think I may be crawling out from under the mountain (I'll ignore the piles all over the study for now), plus it's Friday night ... so here's a very quick update on our recent going on.


IMG_5966


Soccer season has started, The Boy and Little Girl played two matches and are currently top of the ladder. The Boy plays goalie for some of the match and first game saved a penalty ... I couldn't watch. and basketball. She scored a goal in her first match.

IMG_1557


Making ANZAC cookies on ANZAC Day.

IMG_6000


Lots of music practice ... she has piano and violin exams in June. She competed as part of her school's string orchestra in a competition and the came second, winning $75 for the school. She's been picked to be in the chamber strings as well.

IMG_1559


The Boy spoke at his school assembly. He was very excited and rushed home to write a script on the computer in case he forgot his line.

IMG_6007

 Not the most ready friendly choice of text style. He ended up having an extra line and his teacher provided him with a script.

 Lots of play for them.

IMG_1562


and The Boy has started wearing a tie. I tied it the first morning for him and 10mins later found him up in his room, tie off and tears in his eyes ... he wanted to tie it himself. I sat down behind him and retied it to show him and he immediately went to untie it. I promptly put a stop to that. We needed to leave for school. He untied it a couple of times at school ... the first his teacher retied it and the second he finally got the hang of it. Now every morning he ties it himself and pretty much as soon as he gets in the car he takes it off.

IMG_1564

It's another busy weekend with youth group, soccer, basketball, dinner tonite, The Big Girl out to dinner with the grandparents to celebrate her birthday and Hubby off to China again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good now I know what's going on again.