Monday, April 16, 2012

Last day of the school holidays ...

It's been a good one. We didn't do anything extraordinary. I had work and study that needed doing ...

IMG_1540


not to mention an attempt to rein in the chaos. I was pleased to take a breather from the constant activity that was first term and to be honest contrary to other holidays I'm not breathing a sigh of relief at the start of the new term, if anything my feelings are tending towards the negative. Some holidays the kids seem to be at each other's throats, fighting, arguing and when that's not the case they're at my side whinging. Not this time. A strict enforcement of a maximum of 1hr of screen time a day may have had something to do with it. Did I say it's been a good holiday?

There's been relaxed mornings with a two week lego world building project.

IMG_1537


I've had helpers, they've basically taken over the kitchen clean-up (I follow after with bench wiping and stove cleaning), as well as doing other odd jobs that pop up.

IMG_5914


We spent some time down at mum and dad's beach house.

IMG_5892


IMG_5893


IMG_5901


IMG_5908


New games were invented.

IMG_1539


IMG_5925


My lack of enthusiasm for the start of term may also be due to the schedule for tomorrow night after school.

4pm Parent teacher interviews
5:30-6:30pm Soccer training for The Boy and Little Girl
7-8pm Basketball training for The Big Girl
8-10pm Small group (at my house)

Oh and Hubby is overseas. Crazy, right?

Today the plan is to make sure food is in the house, tidy up and make sure we have everything ready for the new term ... that's the plan ...

IMG_5938


better start implementing it before the kids destroy the one room in the house that was actually tidy (apart from our bedroom which is out of bounds for destroying)

3 comments:

Amy said...

And, didn't the weather help?
Mine were both sick for most of the holidays, but we ended up having a pretty good break - turning off screens makes the world of difference if you ask me.

Good luck for re-entry!

Tamara said...

Oh your term sound like mine. I hope that you get to spent a little less time racing around and a little more breathing in life around. the weather has been fabulous here this holiday.

Melissa I have given you this blogging award. I love popping into your blog. http://tamarastitterings.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/liebster-award-april-2012.html

alexa said...

Your photos are always so wonderful - I especially love the Lego one and the last one! I admire your stamina and organising ability what with hubby away ... Hoping it's all gone to plan - though that seems a very full one!