Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July Wrap-Up

We started off the month with school holidays. The kids did a tennis clinic. We went into the National Gallery for a showing of the Big Girl's painting she did for a special schools program they run each year. The kids and I went into the Queen Victoria Market with dad. The Boy started OT which will hopefully help him at school. The Big Girl went away with a friend for 2 nights to celebrate her friend's birthday. The house now has plaster and is coming along nicely. Hubby went to China for work and turned 40 while he was there. We all went to Mt Hotham for a long weekend.

Looking forward, in August, the Little Girl has orthodontic appointments, she is sitting her preliminary piano exam and we have a mother/daughter lunch for her year level. Hubby is going to China for 10days. We are a few birthdays in his extended family and The Boy presents his poster at the Science Talent Search. I start back at uni for the semester and we need to get a new passport for the Big Girl.


Project Progress

Books Read and Progress on 2011 Reading Challenges:

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp - Christian Non-Fiction Challenge (2/12)
The Last Superstition by Edward Feser - Chirstian Non-Fiction Challenge (3/12)
Silverthorn by Raymond Feist - Take a Chance Challenge 3 (4/10)

In August I will by finishing Bonhoffer and Gilead and I have Dublin and Last Orders on loan from the library. I also have two books I've received to review. I have A darkness at Sethanon on reserve at the library.

39 Things -In July I skied a black run (#11), finished the world jigsaw puzzle (#38), and made photo kaleidoscopes (#37) (10/39)
I also worked towards completing #6, #7,  #14, #17 and #19. In August I will continue working towards these five tasks and also #31 and #33.

52 Recipes - I completed this project.


Scrapbooking


I completed the layouts for our Singapore album. Will finish resizing and send for printing this month.


I did three layouts for our 2011 album.














and four layouts for our 2009 album.
   


No comments: