Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dublin: Foundation by Edward Rutherford

Dublin: Foundation (The Dublin Saga, #1)Dublin: Foundation by Edward Rutherfurd

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A few years ago a devoured Rutherford's earlier books Sarum, London, Russka and The Forest so when I was looking around for a novel to satisfy the long chunkster challenge requirements I immediately thought of these books and went searching to see what else he had written. I really love what he does in his books, tracing the history of a single place, weaving history into his fictional stories of families through the millennia.

If you love history and historical fiction I would recommend his books and this volume definitely lived up to my expectations. They are long books but I hardly noticed ... except for a few later than normal nights. It also helps that each time period has it's own semi self-contained story.

No comments: