Friday, July 8, 2011

June 2011 Wrap-Up

June settled down a little bit but there was some extra activities as school wound down for the term. I had my last class for the semester and handed in my final essay. Finalised our tax returns ... yay!! I did a few more hours work for mum and dad because they were away. We caught up with our friends who we are going to Canada with for drinks and to see their new renovation ... got some good ideas. I also went out for Thai and also morning coffee with the year 6 mums and a coffee morning with the year 2 mums. We all went to see a pre-release session of Kung Fu Panda organised by Grant Thornton. Food, drinks, face painting, choc tops and popcorn all included. The house made it to lock-up stage. I guest posted on Notes to Allan. We picked up the skis and did the yearly size check for the kids and service for mine. Had friends over for dinner.

The Big Girl had a dentist appointment to get some deep grooves in her teeth filled so they won't decay ... no needles involved thankfully. She turned 12 and we had her party at an indoor sports centre. She had her school play, Willy wonka and the Chocolate Factory. She was an Oompa Loompa.

The Boy had his Piccolo Canto concert and we had his three-way conference at school. All three kids got their first semester reports and did very well.

Looking forward into July we have the school holidays, Hubby is going to China and we have a trip to Mt Hotham planned. My main aims for the month are to complete our holiday list, and try to get an organised start to term, which could be difficult considering we are taking a long weekend the first weekend back. We also need to look at carpet for the house.


Project Progress

Books Read and Progress on 2011 Reading Challenges:

The Shipping News by Annie Proulx - Battle of the Prizes American Version (2/3), Book Awards V (2/5)
Currently reading: One Thousand Gifts, How to Read the Bible for all it's Worth, Bonhoeffer, Silverthorn.
On Reserve: Dublin, Gilead, Last Orders.

39 Things - no progress this month (7/39)
In July I'll work towards #6, #7, #8, #14 and #30

52 Recipes - I added 7 recipes. I should be up to #47

Scrapbooking
I started my P365-2010 photobook and did three pages.
I also started a photobook of our trip to Singapore and completed 12 pages.
I also completed two layouts for challenges on the SAG blog. These are the first pages I've done for our 2011 phonebook.

1 comment:

alexa said...

Gosh, that was an active month! Did you sleep at all? :)