Friday, July 8, 2011

A bit of this ... a bit of that

First up my layout for this week's SAG challenge. It was a sketch challenge and I also used Sharon's and Di's layouts for extra inspiration and converted the sketch to a double page layout. I used A Beautiful Mess by Emily Powers and TaylorMade Designs which is available at oscraps.
nipper-clubchampionships-2009

The weather round here is still pretty bad ...

IMG_2825

The kids managed to get a bit of tennis in during their two days of tennis clinic and loved it. Then came home and slathered butter and cinnamon sugar on sweet yeasty dough. 

IMG_2836


IMG_2839


It was so good ... I was so taken in by the smell I forgot to get a photo before we tucked in ... also good with a scoop of ice-cream.

IMG_2844


Yesterday by popular demand they had a pyjama day ... also known as drive mummy crazy day ...

IMG_2854


or don't brush your hair day ...

IMG_2860

which is nothing new for this guy...

IMG_2862


which is why we did this today ...

Goodbye crazy bed hair.


the regular school holiday excursion.

I did not have a pyjama day but got busy and did this ...

Laundry ... tick


plus lots of errands while Mr DVD babysat the kids.



6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Melissa, Mr DVD is busy right at this minute ... how else would I clean up the 45 loads of sawdust our builders kindly deposited in my bedroom yesterday?! And he allows me to take small breaks and check blogs ....

Cathy Zielske and Oscraps equal memory keeping heaven for me - gorgeous page, and thanks for joining in with us over at SAG.

Emma said...

Excellent layout, love it!

alexa said...

That double pager is just lovely ... great colour choices and your interpretation is wonderful. The photos of your day made me smile!

Diane said...

I am going to lift your page...love it! And like Amy said...CZ and Oscraps...perfect!!!

Now I wold love to see whats outside that window when it's not raining :) And love your photos...funny we have very similar lives! Love nippers, pj days and no brushing hair days (well not really lol)

nicole s said...

Wow, love that layout, it's gorgeous, as is the rest of the post! (That cubby house is looking a bit cute!)

Diane said...

And this page too if possible :)
Thanks xx