Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Icebox Butter Cookies

The Little girl made these cookies a couple of weekends ago. The Big Girl didn't like them but she doesn't like buttery cookies so that was to be expected. She was complained when they ran out though because she had been swapping them with some girls at school each day for oreo cookies.

IMG_2516

We rolled the logs of dough in green coloured sugar (Little Girl's choice). We froze one log of dough and had some more cookies in the middle of the week ... definitely a bonus. Now I just need to get my butt in gear and make sure I regularly have some dough in the freezer to pull out and cook in emergencies.

1 comment:

cate said...

I love having dough in the freezer for emergencies! The recipe I use is one from the Women's Weekly from about 12 years ago, but I love it!