Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Choc Chip Cookie Bowls

I saw these choc chip cookie bowls on pinterest. Now I didn't follow the instructions it also seemed rather difficult to me ... so I went my own way. I used my favourite choc chip cookie recipe which gives a fairly soft cookie.

Cream 250g butter with, 1/2 cup sugar, 1and 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs and 2 and 1/2 tsp sugar. In a large bowl mix together 2 and 1/2 cups plain flour, pinch salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in  250g pkt choc chips. Spoon tsp of cookie dough onto trays lined with baking paper. Bake for 10mins in a moderate oven.

For the bowls I pushed some cookie mix into a muffin pan. Make sure you grease them well first. I know it doesn't look very pretty. The two nearest the camera don't have choc chips because we had one child visiting with allergies.

IMG_2572


Put another tin on top and pressed down lightly. Make sure you've greased the bottom of this tin.

IMG_2573


Getting them out of the tins was a little tricky but I managed to get all except two out without too much damage. They didn't form really deep bowls, more like a little indentation in the middle which still gives the right effect.

Add some choc fudge sauce. I make mine in the microwave by heating some chocolate with a little bit of milk.

IMG_2590


They were a real hit and good fun for a special occasion.

2 comments:

cate said...

great job! this is on my list of things to do sometime soon - I was umming about using the pre-made dough from coles, but yours seemed to work so well, I might just use my favourite recipe, too!

Amy said...

These look absolutely excellent ... but I would struggle with not using baking paper - it is my cooking weapon of choice! ;-)