Recipe adapted from the book that came with my Breville Flavour Maker
2 tbs oil
4 large onions, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tsp dried chilli flakes'
1 tbs ground coriander
1 tbs ground turmeric
1tbs ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cardamom seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
3kg cubed lamb
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 X 410g cans tomato puree
4 carrots diced
5 potatoes cut into large chunks
2 cups peas
1. Heat oil in pan. Add onions, garlic and ginger, saute about 5 mins until onion is softened.
2. Add ground onions, chillies and spices. Cook about 3mins until fragrant.
3. Add lamb and cook until lamb is browned.
4. Place into slow cooker.
5. Add yoghurt, tomato puree, salt, carrots and potatoes. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6. 5 mins before serving stir through cooked peas.
Wednesdays we go straight to swimming and piano lessons from school and don't get back home until 6:30pm so I normally try to make something in the slow cooker. I love walking in the house and having tea waiting. I served it with some brown rice. The kids loved it and there was plenty leftover to freeze for the next week. I just made sure we ate all the potato ... that doesn't freeze well.