Friday, March 4, 2011

February 2011 Wrap Up

February means getting back into school/activities routine which is kind of hard after nearly months of sleep ins, beach days etc ... I'm not sure I'm quite there yet ... but I did renew my passport.

The girls had a wonderful start to the year.  It's hard to believe they are in grade 6 and grade 4.  Big Girl is already complaining about having to wear a dress to the graduation dinner.

We battled flooding in the backyard which turned the pool green, hired Legend of the Guardians to watch as a family and made strawberry jam.

Hubby was away overseas for two and a half weeks this month so that complicated things.  The Boy kept us busy with two parties, we went to the Guide dogs open day and celebrated a naming day.

Project Progress
1000 Gifts: #31-84

Books Read and Progress on 2011 Reading Challenges:


I added three more reading challenges but that is definitely it for this year.

The Other Queen - Global Challenge (1/7)
1788 - What's in a Name (1/5)


39 Things

I started my first subject in my diploma on 26th Feb. (#20)


52 Recipes


I added three new recipes ... might have a bit of catching up to do ... I should be at recipe #29 by now.

Scrapbooking:


I did three pages for this month's designer spotlight at oscraps. All three are for our 2010 album.


Credits here, here and here.


Other:
  • Uploaded my photos for backup.
  • I still need to organise my bookmarks.
  • I printed out some job charts for the kids but they still need a little tweaking ... thinking I need to add "brush hair" to the Big Girl's. So far it's working well, especially for Little girl and The Boy.
IMG_1342





This month:
  • There's a long weekend but I've got class on Saturday morning so I'll go away after that.  
  • I need to finish our tax.
  • I want to try to get the last few pages of our US album finished.
  • and start reading again with the kids.

No comments: