Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 2011 Wrap-up

This month was mostly spent on holidays at my parents house at Pt. Lonsdale so lots of beach, food and extended family.  The girls both did nippers this year.  Little Girl is starting to get the hang of things and Big Girl really improved this year, even competing in the Iron Nipper and getting a 6th place.  Both girls have about 30 girls in their age groups so that was a pretty good effort.

There was also a lot of rain (not quite as much as Queensland and northern Victoria thankfully) but we had flooded roads and were stuck inside for extended periods.  We took the opportunity to take the kids to see Tangled.

We celebrated my dad's 71st birthday at 360 degrees at the Queenscliff port, I took the kids back to the city to see Mary Poppins, Hubby and I went to the Australian Open with my parents and we hired the A-team and watched it one night.  Our house was demolished and we celebrated Australia Day with friends over for a BBQ and swim.  The Boy started in grade 2.


Project Progress
1000 Gifts: #1-30

 Books Read and Progress on 2011 Reading Challenges:
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larrson - At 599 pages it qualifies as a chunkster. (1/6)
  • Slave by John Macarthur - counts towards the Christian non-fiction challenge. (1/10)

I'm currently reading The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory.

I've placed a reserve at the library on The Help, The Book Thief, Let the Great World Spin, Lake in the Clouds and 1788.


39 Things: (3/39)

52 Recipes:

I cooked 4 new recipes but have only posted 2 so far, Summer Trifle and Pasta with Fresh Corn Pesto.

Scrapbooking:

I did four layouts this month, all pages for the US album.

Other:
  • I organised my google reader.
  • I completed my blog makeover, including updating my sidebars with current content, updating my about me, put in vertical dividers between the posting areas and sidebars, changed the connect section on my sidebar  (I got the vintage social media icons from webexpedition 18. (via Mandi)), added pages to track my reading challenges and other projects for this year and a new header.  If you're reading in a reader you may want to click over and take a look.
  • I've uploaded this months photos for back-up and emailed links to my family.

This month:

  • I start my course on the 26th February.
  • Small group starts back Tuesday and mainly music on Friday week.
  • I have ideas for two more albums I'd like to do.  One following my things we do in summer series using simple storyboard page designs and an album following the progress on our new house.  I also want to put together my P365 album. (Not sure whether these will happen this month)
  • Organise my bookmarks
  • Renew my passport
  • Get back into some kind of routine

No comments: