Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blog Award

A couple of weeks ago now Laura left a lovely comment letting me know she'd picked my blog for an award.  I'm really bad at these things but I wanted to acknowledge her and spotlight a few blogs I visit.

First up if you pop over to Laura's blog you can see how she's going with her daily photo project for 2011. It's a twist on P365, but you can read about it here.  She's also a keen scrapbooker and you can learn a bit more about her here.

Now I'm supposed to post eight things about myself ... ummm

  • I just looked over on the bench and saw that I've forgotten to put the bread rolls in the oven and now they won't cook before I go out to pick the kids up.
  • I'm really happy with my birthday/Christmas present (an apple green kitchenaid) and I've been giving it a workout.
  • I also bought a slow cooker which I think may become my next best friend.  Walking in last night after the kid's swimming to the smell of dinner ready and waiting for us was heaven, and saved a lot of stress at 6:30 in the evening.
  • I made up my own recipe for my first try at slow cooking ... is that a little crazy?  I can smile because it was really yummy though.
  • I'm going to be doing theological studies starting this year.
  • I sent in my passport renewal today.
  • The photo is awful, which is lucky because that means it's bound to match my state when I hop off the plane and I won't be rejected by the photo recognition software.
  • I just realised I need to renew Big Girl's passport as well.
(Edited:  I wrote this first part last Thursday so in some respects a little out of date)


Now to send you to some other blogs:

  • I "met" Tamara through being on CT team with her.  You can read what she's going to be up to this year, about family life, weekly menus, of course some scrapbooking, lots of photos and plenty of inspiration.  She is truly inspirational, her love for her kids shines through in the stories she tells and with a husband that travels, one child her needs a lot of extra care, a job and lots of running around I'm not sure how she does it all.
  • Amy and I did a Shimelle's blogging for scrapbookers course in 2009 and I've been reading her blog ever since. She's currently in the middle of a renovation.  Usually she is a prolific scrapbooker I love her simple style that lets the photos and stories take centre stage.
  • Cate is another scrapbooker who I think did the same blogging course?  There's always lots of inspiration on her blog, projects and more projects plus she changes her blog header each month (very cute).
  • Photographing Mom.  She's also doing a photo-a-day project this year so expect lots of gorgeous photos.
  • Nicole who shares life and layouts.  She is another scrapper that utilises simple design to keep the emphasis on the photos and stories.
  • Melissa gorgeous photography, projects and inspiration plus temptation.
  • Evalyn ... scrapbooking, life you can check out her project life and one little word.
  • Robyn who posts a lovely mix of life, cooking, scrapbooking etc.

1 comment:

tamara said...

Oh thank you Mel for such nice words about my blog. It is very theraputic for me to blog and also I find it helps me stay focued on recording life. I must say too that I love your blog because in a different way you also tell lifes little stories.