Friday, January 28, 2011

A new project - One Thousand Gifts

I finished my P365 on January 31st.  I've been thinking, wondering what to do next ... my thoughts turn to what it is about these photos and words that is so important to me.

I think of the way I so easily get weighed down by the daily grind ... the mess, the whining, the fights, the broken stuff, the repetition of a thousand mindless tasks ... it feels ... not dark but grey ... I'm blind to the constant blessings rained down from above.  Even then He clamours for my attention and gives me what I can't ignore ... beauty that takes your breath away ...

IMG_2983edit


new life ...

105_0524


renewed life ...

Day 330 - Baptism



Something happens as I lift the camera to capture these moments, I start to see what I didn't see before ... and even as I put down the camera I find myself looking for the light.

In the mess ...

Day 124 - Crazy Hair Day


... in moments of crazy joy.

Day 164 - At the Park


... reflected in their eyes

IMG_6152edit


As I wrap these moments in words they're not so easily dislodged.  They sink in and rise up ... gratitude for my life ... joy in Him.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.   James 1:17

As these ideas float around I stumble across A Holy Experience and reading The Thousand Gifts I decide that is what I'll do ... do my own list.  Words definitely, photos often ... no time limits or deadlines ... just seeing what is in front of me ... my one thousand gifts.

(I'm using posterous because it is easy to email in my posts from my phone which I usually have with me.)

Drop over and be inspired too by the gratitude community over at Ann's blog.


holy experience

No comments: