Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium, #3)The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest by Stieg Larsson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It took me a while to rustle up a copy of this, dad was up north with his copy when I finished the second book which finished on a cliff hanger. It was worth the wait, and I'm glad I read it when I was on holidays because there wasn't quite so much to neglect, and I had time to read while on the beach with the kids.


The best part of the book is Lisbeth, in spite of being very strange, antisocial and violent, I just can't help liking her. The bad guys in this book are not quite so well-rounded, they are all very, very bad. Neidermann, who buried Lisbeth at the end of the first book is the stuff of nightmares, he brought to mind Jaws in the James Bond movies, who completely freaked me out when I was younger.

A great escapist read.

No comments: