Friday, December 31, 2010

The Top Ten for 2010 Post

That last post was going to be my last one this year but it's hot outside, the trifle is waiting in the fridge again, the kids have been in the pool and I have a nice glass of wine in hand so thought I'd do a quick top ten wrap-up.

10 Favourite Photos


This one was a hard one, but here's my pick.  I find my favourite photos are usually more about the moment rather than being technically good.

My creation




10 Highlights


1. When my Big Girl went against the trend and did what was right in spite of what other people told her.
2.  When my Little Girl did the same earlier in the year ... I realised the effort of parenting and our example does pay off.
3.  Signing the building contract for our new house.  Many, many hours of meetings and lots of decisions finally finished in a marathon post midnight contract checking session and last discussions and signing on the working day of the year.
4.  Our family birthday dinner at Jaques Raymond ... yummy!!
5.  Skiing holidays here, here and here.
6.  Little Girl giving up her thumb sucking.
7.  The Boy's fantastic year 1 ... in large part to a fabulous teacher.
8.  Little Girl passing her first violin exam with honours ... in spite of a less than perfect lead up.
9.  Seeing our mainly music group go from nothing at the start of the year to a waiting list by the end and a host a wonderful connections formed.
10. Baptism of our friend and small group member ... eagerly awaiting the next.


10 Favourite Books Read


1.  The Grace of God by Andy Stanley
2.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
3.  The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4.  The Vertical Self by Mark Sayers
5.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society by MaryAnn Shaffer
6.  Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
7.  Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabraldon
8.  The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
9.  The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
10. Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati


10 Favourite TV Shows


1. Glee
2. House
3. Masterchef
4. Junior Masterchef
5. NCIS
6. Modern Family
7. United States of Tara
8. How I Met Your Mother
9. So You Think You Can Dance
10.  Brothers and Sisters


10 Favourite Layouts (of mine)
My creation








No comments: