Thursday, December 23, 2010

Battle of the Prizes Wrap-Up

I finished Rose City Reader's Battle of the Prizes (American Version) for the second year in a row.  The idea is to read three books, a Pulitzer prize winner, a national book award winner and a book that one both prizes.  Once again I enjoyed the Pulitzer prize winners more than the National winners but only just.  I think it helped this year that my National Book award pick wasn't 500+ pages.  From the few I've read the Pulitzers are probably more entertaining reads.  That would be the list I would go to for a good read.
  1. The Color Purple by Alice White (double dipper)
  2. The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer)
  3. Paris Trout by Pete Dexter (National)

1 comment:

Rose City Reader said...

Congratulations! I'll add your link to the challenge post in a moment.

Thanks for participating again this year!!!