Tuesday, September 7, 2010

White Chocolate Cheesecake

We celebrated father's day with my family at my sister's for tea Sunday night.  We decided to make desserts the dad's choice.  So sis made lemon meringue pie and I was left with cheesecake for my Hubby and bread and butter pudding for dad.  Throw in shopping for presents on Saturday morning, cooking lasagne for the main, it was our rostered night on Saturday at Dinner Tonite, church Sunday morning and Geoff's family at our place for Sunday lunch and I really needed a cheesecake recipe that was easy.

This recipe comes from In The Kitchen by Allan Campion and Michele Curtis.  I would highly recommend this cookbook.  My sister has a copy and she uses it all the time.

150g chocolate ripple biscuits
60g melted butter
150g white chocolate
500g soft cream cheese
2/3cup castor sugar
250ml sour cream

Whiz biscuits in a food processor.

IMG_8809


Add melted butter and process briefly. Press biscuit mix into a 20cm springform cake tin. Put in the fridge to set for 20 mins.

Melt chocolate. Beat cream cheese and castor sugar until well softened and creamy. Add the sour cream and melted chocolate and stir into cream cheese mixture until combined. Pour on top of biscuit base and chill until set.

IMG_8812


Serve with some raspberry sauce.

IMG_8837


It really is that easy and really yummy.  OK this piece is small but I wanted to have a bit of all three desserts.

1 comment:

cate said...

I've been making this white chocolate cheesecake for about ten years, but I got my recipe from Family Circle magazine! It's a much loved and sought after recipe at family gatherings!