Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's for dinner?

I don't know about you but I've been getting pretty sick of answering the question "What's for dinner".  Of course each child had to come and ask the question ... that makes three times ... then often at least one would forget the answer and come back again later ... very annoying.  I know I have issues ... but it was exasperating, especially when the answer was met with grumbles.

Yesterday I finally decided no more so I made this ...

Day 251 - The Menu

The menu came from the free menu/calendar/todo list printable download on eighteen25.  I only needed the menu part so I cut that out using PSE.  Then I flipped it so it was a mirror image and printed it on a transparency.  Then I trimmed it down, stuck on some magnetic tape and slapped it on the fridge along with a magnetic dry erase marker to fill in the blanks.

Now the kids can find out for themselves what's for dinner.  The Boy was very excited to see that we're having pizza on Sunday.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great idea!

tamara said...

I do this and my children love looking to see whats for dinner. I hope it stops your questions. It sure stopped mine.

canpeg said...

Wonderful idea :)