Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moroccan chicken

I was searching around for something interesting to make with the leftovers from Friday night's roast chicken when I came across Pan-fried Moroccan chicken. It doesn't use cooked chicken but I figured I could substitute plus there were three ingredients included that I wanted to make use of:
  • Oranges which we have an abundance of on the tree in the backyard
  • Mint which is currently taking over a large section of the vege patch
  • and I had a lemon languishing in the crisper that I'd used for zest in another recipe.


My Moroccan Chicken:

1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp ground cumin
4 tbs sultanas
4 tbs pine nuts
40ml (2 tbs) olive oil
2 cups cooked chicken
1 orange, halved, sliced
4 tbs freshly chopped mint

Place chilli flakes, garlic, lemon juice, cinnamon, cumin, sultanas, pine nuts, half the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and chicken in a bowl. Mix well. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frypan. Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add the orange slices and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Stir through the mint. Serve with couscous and some low-fat yoghurt.

IMG_8887


I loved it and it was a hit with Hubby but the kids weren't that keen ... but they're fussy anyway.

1 comment:

canpeg said...

I would eat it, if it were right here in front of me ! LOL Looks yummy ! Must try it out :)