Thursday, July 15, 2010

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a huge fan of the Outlander series so I was really pleased to get this as a Christmas present. I know, I know, why am I just getting round to it now? ... I don't have a good answer except maybe I'm easily distracted. The story follows several different plot lines, including a John/William section, Jamie/Claire and a present day Brianna/Roger. I have read one of the Lord John books so this character was fairly familiar to me as well. I particularly enjoyed the parts with Ian and would love to see more of him. This is probably my least favourite of all the books. I found it dragged in parts and was really disappointed in the late plot twist involving Jem that was left unresolved. I know we are supposed to be left wanting the next instalment but there's no need to leave us hanging quite so badly.

No comments: