Friday, June 4, 2010

Crazy, crazy ...

around here this week.  Monday I was thinking I've got a few things scheduled for later in the week but shouldn't be too bad.  This is what our week has ended up looking like (colour coded for different people):


Seriously, the end of this week has been/will be insane, plus a friend and I have been finishing up a grant application which I handed in this afternoon (yay).  

Anyway I made a commitment a while back to not let my todo list rule my life and let people be the number one thing, even if they but in in the most unexpected ways.  Tuesday I got a phone call from my sister to see if I could pick up her daughter from school who was sick ... of course I said yes.  I was definitely put to the test on Thursday which was going to be my day to get myself in gear before the weekend.  I got the most basic things ... washing, food in the house done, but then I get a phone call that extends through the morning and then because I just had to get a least one day with exercise I went for a walk and bumped into a girl from my small group and then a mum that I knew from the kids kinder.  By the time I made it back home it was time to pick up the kids from school.

In spite of a house in chaos which will need to be addressed in some way before Sunday lunch ... not sure when though ... at least cleaning the toilet only takes a couple minutes ... I'm still glad that I took the time out to spend time with people.  

I may just need to go into hibernation next Monday though.  Being an introvert, I think by then I'll be running on empty and in need of a recharge.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a crazy few days. Hope next week is a little more relaxed.