Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some things I Can Recommend

After my recent caning review of a question and answer book for kids about the Christian faith I thought I'd share a couple of things I can recommend.

Firstly for kids ... The case for Christ for Kids by Lee Strobel gives a decent defence of the resurrection at a level that's appropriate for kids from upper primary age.  Definitely a good starting point for providing a framework for a reasonable belief, because believe me, it won't be long before the comparisons come between God and the tooth fairy.  At least they will have enough information to get them through to a time when they are old enough to do more in depth research if they need to.

There is a couple of other books in the series.  We also have The Case for Faith for Kids which looks at some of the big questions like suffering, other religions and The Case for a Creator for Kids, both are worthwhile.

For adults this is a pretty comprehensive post about the Apostle's Death which for me is one of the most compelling pieces of evidence in favour of the resurrection.  It's pretty long but if you scroll down there is a summary for why their death's are significant.

And this is off the point but an excellent message from a couple of week's ago.

No comments: