Saturday, May 15, 2010

Christian Non-fiction Challenge

I've had this challenge in my bookmarks for a while and am finally getting around to doing a post ... I know not another challenge ... but this one will be one that I'm sure to finish.



The goal is to read at least 10 Nonfiction books in the Christian genre - Christian Living, Inspiration, or Christian biography/autobiography. I plan to list the books ahead of time, but may end up changing the list as I go along. If anyone would like to join me for this challenge, please sign up in the comments.

WHEN: January 1-December 31, 2010
WHAT: 10 or more Christian Non-Fiction books

Books can be changed at any time and can be used for multiple challenges.

My list (including books I've already read this year)

  1. The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay
  2. The Vertical Self: How Biblical Faith Can Help Us Discover Who We Are in An Age of Self Obsession by Mark Sayers
  3. The Open Secret by Leslie Newbigin
  4. Justification by Tom Wright
  5. The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis
  6. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
  7. The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller 
  8. Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill 
  9. The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
  10. Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller

1 comment:

Rose City Reader said...

I had not heard of this challenge, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll go read more about it and look at my TBR shelf. I have several CS Lewis books there I've been meaning to get to, but I wonder how many others I have. At least two or three.

Good luck with it. I look forward to your reviews.