Saturday, February 13, 2010

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this the most out of the four books even though there were a few things that got on my nerves. Firstly the good, plenty of action and Jacob's POV. I'm going for team Jacob and so glad that she changed to Jacob's POV, I mean he is funny and this section would have been utterly depressing from Bella's POV. Also there was plenty happening plot wise.

On the downside, Renesemee??? ... what kind of name is that? I found it detracted from the story because every time I came to it it distracted to me, what a ridiculous name, why, oh why, couldn't it have been a boy. Secondly Edward getting Bella pregnant went against the rules of Meyer's world, the vampires are supposed to be frozen. I was willing to accept that Edward might have one chance with semen frozen when he became a vampire but then subsequent developments at the end of the book put paid to that theory.

My recommendation? ... suspend disbelief and just go with the flow.

1 comment:

Becky K said...

I couldn't help commenting: Renesme = worst baby name EVER. I have some issues with Bella, too, but I won't go into that. :)

I agree that you have to suspend your disbelief to enjoy this book. I wish that the whole series could have been as good as the first book. She had a good thing going with Twilight, but it went downhill from there.


Her non-Twilight book was pretty good, if you like science fiction.