Saturday, February 13, 2010

Battle of the Prizes

Last year Rose City Reader's Battle of the Prizes was one of the few challenges I finished, so how could I pass up the opportunity to do it again?


Same deal again for this year's Battle of the Prizes:

Choose three books that you have not read before:

1) One that won both the Pulitzer and the National;
2) One that won the Pulitzer but not the National; and
3) One that won the National but not the Pulitzer.

Last year I enjoyed the Pulitzer's more than the National's so it will be interesting to see what happens this year.  Tentative choices:

1) The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2) The Road by Cormack McCarthy
3) The Magic Barrel by Bernard Malamud

1 comment:

Rose City Reader said...

Yeah! Thanks for signing up again. I added your linnk to the main challenge post. Leave links to your reviews in the same place and I will add them to the list.

Happy reading!