Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Five #18

We had my dad's 70th birthday party last week.  Good food, good wine, good company and a couple of yummy cocktails ... definite overindulgence.  Speaking of overindulgence ... I bring the dessert bar ... although I just noticed, this was before the gelato and waffle cones came out.

IMG_5636edit

______________________________________


I've done a decent amount of scrapping this week.  My favourite is probably this one of Little Girl and her party dress.  Credits HERE.



_____________________________________

I've just got a new computer and I haven't yet downloaded some of my favourite fonts ... probably should get on to that ... here's a good selection of free fonts:  65 Popular and Professional Free Fonts.  My favourites ... probably Velocity, Birdman,  and Nordic.

____________________________________

Check out this Rainbow Cake, after our success with Rainbow Cupcakes I'm tempted.

___________________________________

Been listening to Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. Soaring build and the lyrics ... what's not to like.

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
At my heart you see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be




3 comments:

Amy said...

Melissa I just downloaded a couple of the fonts - Jacks font and Geo Sans light, thanks for the link!

canpeg said...

Will def check out the fonts more closely LOL Those cakes are just yummy to look at !

Deb.

sharyncarlson said...

Thanks for the font links, those are really cool!