Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 28 - LA ... Universal Studios and the Dodgers

Today was our day at Universal Studios. We did most of the rides and shows. The studio tour is the main attraction.

IMG_0967

IMG_0993

IMG_4034

IMG_4063

IMG_4082

They were actually filming outside when we were there:

IMG_4094

The kids had close encounters with various characters. Marg seems to have a thing for arranging kids hats.

IMG_3996

IMG_4000



We saw the Waterworld Show.

IMG_4136

IMG_4122

Hubby and the girls are my tryouts on the rides ... they let me know if they think I'll like it. They gave the Mummy the thumbs up so I went on. Starts out slowly then you are shot off at high speed through dips and turns until a sudden stop then you start to go backwards. At first when it started to reverse I was freaking out but after the first dip ... I realised it wasn't too bad ... in fact it was kind of fun.


The girls and Hubby did the Jurassic Park ride ... I don't do big drops and this had an 82ft drop down a waterfall ... not my thing at all. While they were riding I took The Boy back up to the Curious George play area ... he had been begging to go there all day ... he made the most of it.

IMG_4196

Tonight we went to the Dodgers game. It was lots of fun.

IMG_4212

Got into the swing of things with some Dodger Dogs.

IMG_4206

Peanuts and beer ... the combination of salty fast food and sport left me with a craving for beer ... apparently this is the only size they had.

IMG_4242

We did some clapping ...and the kids ate softserve icecreams in little helmets ...

IMG_4248


Not far from us was a frenetic dancing man with Mickey Mouse hands. Very entertaining although most likely high ... he donned a cape and wizards hat a bit later in the night.

Hubby and I would have liked to stay until the end but the kids were tired and we didn't fancy dragging them through the crowd at the end and waiting for a taxi.


IMG_4258edit

Day 28 photos HERE.

No comments: