Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I woke up this morning and with only 150 pages to go decided I just had to take advantage of the fact that it was Saturday to have a lie in and finish it off ... plus I didn't want to start the day without knowing how the story ended. By the end I was bawling so I was very happy to be alone and able to indulge. The story follows Clare and Henry as they meet and fall in love but there is a catch ... Henry is a time traveller but with no control over when or where he goes. I'll be putting this book on my list of favourites and highly recommend it.

The weather today was very changeable ... typical Melbourne weather really ... so I went off for a walk in the sunshine and got home in the rain ... I only got a little wet. With the weather as it was there was a good excuse to get the kids involved in preparing some treats to take for the mother/daughter lunch tomorrow.

IMG_1248edit

Rainbow cupcakes. Check out the inside:

IMG_1252edit

The recipe is from Our Best Bites

The Boy had a party in the morning and came home with a new ball. I don't let the kids play ball games inside but with the wet weather they were getting a bit restless so I sent them to the front verandah ... they don't normally play out the front because we live on a fairly busy road but they behaved themselves and thought it was pretty special.

IMG_1245edit

1 comment:

JanMary said...

Have not yet the Time Travellers Wife - although my dh has, and he cried too!