Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some Reviews

The Taste of Innocence (Cynster, #14) The Taste of Innocence by Stephanie Laurens

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was an okay read. The phrase taste of innocence was repeatedly used and was frankly annoying. I've read better books by Laurens. The scenario at the end between the two heroes and the villian was not believable ... I kept thinking as if anyone would actually do this. Other than that it covered the usual romace bases.



Assegai
Assegai by Wilbur Smith

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I usually enjoy Wilbur Smith's books and this one started off well and was reasonably enjoyable but the suspense didn't build quite as well as it has in some of his other books. The other thing that grated was the dialogue between Leon and Eva, just plain annoying and it didn't seem to gel with their characters, in fact I dreaded the parts of the book where they were alone together. Better to pick up one of his earlier Courtenay books.

Ref: Historical Fiction challenge

No comments: