Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm going to have to make some plans.

If you know me you will know that I like to let my days just unfold with a minimum amount of planning. This is a constant cause of angst in our house where everyone (especially Hubby and Big Girl) are constantly asking what are we doing today/this weekend/next week ... my response ... let's see, I don't know, I haven't decided yet ... often culminating in an exasperated "Just stop trying to organise me". I especially hate the question "What's for dinner?" when I've just finished my breakfast.

Anyway in September we are heading off to the US for 4 weeks which obviously requires some forward planning. Which has resulted in quite a few hints lately from my Hubby to get my act together and work out what we are doing. Don't get me wrong, many of the essential and crucial details are in place:
  • We have flights ... Hubby had half a million frequent flyer points so we booked these as soon as they became available.
  • I worked out a basic itenary and we have accomodation booked. All 5 of us spending 4 weeks in one hotel room ... fun.
  • We have a show booked in vegas.
  • We have a lovely family who are on furlough from their work with MAF in East Timor looking after the house and Harry.
  • We booked a car
  • And we've registered our details with the US government.
Hubby has been bugging me for a while to work out what we will be doing. Yes apparently wandering around strange places with three kids and no idea where we're going is not a recipe for a happy family holiday ... and so over the nest few weeks I have to work out exactly what we will be doing. Wish me luck.

P.S. We're going to S.F., Yosemite, Death Valley, LV, Zion, Mounment Valley, Grand Canyon, San Diego ,Disneyland and LA, suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

fazzbech said...

Wheeeee, what a great trip! Lucky things!

schnegge1984 said...

Wow wonderful trip!