Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back from the beach

Got back yesterday from Pt Lonsdale. Not our most successful holiday ... the weather for the last few days was foul ... and the kids tag teamed getting sick. Sis was a bit out of sorts with everything as well and Hubby was back here. By Friday the kids desperately needed a run around outside so I got them to put there shoes on but by the time they got them on it had started raining. The weather was changing rapidly because of the gale force winds. We had another go about 10 mins later and they were out for about 5 mins before it started to pour down. I was proud of Little Girl she grabbed her 18 month old cousins hand and dragged him in with her. The Boy on the other hand stood out in the rain having a rather large tantrum.

It wasn't a complete bust though ... the kids had a couple of pyjama days ... I finished three books including the one I'm currently reviewing for Thomas-Nelson ... we tried a yummy lamb shank pastie recipe ... had open fires ... I got some of my back log of photos edited and I got eight layouts done. This was one of them:It was my layout for this week's Words and Letters challenge. I used Donna Duncombe's Photomasks #2 and the BG paper is from her Shine minikit. I was really happy with the way it turned out ... and it got into the Gallery Standouts thread at DST ... big :).

This layout has been sitting on my computer for a while made with Donna's new kit A Good Day. You can pick it up as part of the digiduo at nuts4digi.com. Two kits in matching colours for $5 ... a pretty good buy.
A closer look at Donna's kit.
Also don't forget to drop by Donna's blog and join in the template challenge hosted by yours truly.

8 comments:

Bev said...

Sorry, the vacation didn't go as planned. I hope everyone is feeling better. Darling layout!

Sharyn said...

Beautiful summer layout. Congrats on GSO at DST. What fun!

Crystal said...

Oh wow, I love the layouts. Especially the word challenge one. I'll be digging for that mask!

gabs said...

such an awesome summer page - I love it! and I sure hope everyone is feeling better now?

thaliris said...

I'm from dst. Nice blog and page.
The next page is fantastic!!!
I love the bowling!!! hihi...

ChloƩ said...

Sorry about the bad weather, but it looks like you took the best of the situation and let the rest! Your LOs are just gorgeous!!

LuAnn said...

love your beach layout!!! deserving of the GSO!!!

Priscilla said...

Sorry your weekend wasnt so great,,,,

what kind of book review and how and did you get that gig, heheh?!?!!


AWesome Layout