Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not the Best Morning

We usually need to leave about 8AM in the morning to get to school on time. You know those mornings when everything goes wrong. First Big Girl said she wasn't going to school because she felt sick. So I had to sit her down and work out what was the matter and it turned out some girls have been being mean. More talking and reassuring with Hayley and a note to the teacher in the diary to see if she can talk to Hayley and sort it out and it is now 7:45 and I realised that The Boy's school uniform was here:
IMG_0742edit

That's right, it rained yesterday afternoon while I was picking the kids up from school and the clothes were still on the line this morning. I hadn't thought much about it till this morning. So I quickly rushed to the dirty bin and pulled out his uniform from yesterday. The skivvy was fine because he hadn't taken off his jumper but unfortunately he must have done a little wee in his pants after he got home from school ... he's a bit lazy that way. After a quick rant about the smelly shorts I then had to rush around in the 10 mins available to try to get the shorts off the line into a semi-dry state. Threw them into the dryer while I did the girls hair and set up the ironing board. Then I gave them a thorough ironing to get them a little dry. They weren't too bad but when we were walking to school from the car The Boy did say they were a little cold, hopefully the last bit of damp will go before morning recess ... and I must remember to get his sport top off the line for tomorrow.

2 comments:

tamara said...

Oh dont you hate those mornings. All you can do is hope that the rest of the day is an improvement.

Di at Legacy4Life said...

Tee hee. That brings back memories Mel. I have to leave the house by 6:30am to get the kids to school on time. That means we have to get up at 5. It can be verrryyyy stressful. :)