Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The historian by Elizabeth Kostova

The Historian The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first ever vampire book I've read. I've just never been that interested inthem so this is probably a good read for me. While Dracula and his friends do make appearances the focus of the book is an historical quest. As such I found it quite interesting. The narrator changes back and forth between characters and at times I found myself a couple of sentences into a paragraph before I realised the narrator had changed which was a little off putting. The start of the book quickly drew me in, but I got a little bogged down in the middle where it got a bit slow, it picked up towards the end for a satisfying conclusion.

Ref: What's In a Name, A-Z Reading Challenge

No comments: